Sunday, August 23, 2020

 Hard to believe ten years have passed since my tummy mom left us. Dad had this photo especially made up for the occasion.  The one of mom was taken on top of table mountain in 2009 a year before she passed. My one was at school for heritage day. He then sent the separate photos to a bunch of Durban artists and asked if they could paint it. Some could but he didn't like their work. Then one lady sent this message

"Hi Clive, I’m sorry I don’t do commissions anymore. I’m trying to wrack my brain and think of someone, so I’ve asked my arty friends. If someone recommends somebody, I’ll let you know". Denise Becke. 

He gave up and thought he would stick with the photo. The very next day she sent another message.

"Hi Clive, those faces just haunted me, so I started a little painting. It is 25cm x 25 cm. I don’t know if you’re still interested.  It’s the wrong size, you might have made other plans, etc, I quite understand, so if you’re not interested, don’t feel bad. It was a lovely little exercise for me and I am always able to paint over it."Denise

Here is what she painted in one day.


No comments:

Post a Comment