Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Ouch Eina

Six weeks means the first inoculations on that special card I have. Dad and sis Kayleigh took a chance and presented themselves (and me) at the local state clinic in Westville. When they handed Dad waiting ticket No 82 he thought “here we go” but we were soon ushered past all the sick people to the new baby section where they were only two of us. After a short wait a nurse gave me the once over before squirting some stuff in my mouth. I hit the 4 kg mark on the scale and then it was time for the real reason of our visit. Squeamish Dad had to hold my legs and arms while the same kind nurse turned into the Gestapo. Not one but four needles were stuck in my legs. As the first one went in the pain was so horrific that I lost my breath trying to scream. After a few seconds I let rip and by then the next three needles were poking into my tender little thighs. Thanks goodness I will have no conscious memory of this in years to come. As soon as he could Dad gathered me up and held me close and I settled down. In four weeks we return for more of the same. Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment